Set-Up using a Web Browser
If set-up using other methods does not work, or if you need advanced options like Static IP configuration, Play-Fi products support configuration through a direct connection using a web browser.
To start, be sure the speaker is in set-up mode, and then follow these directions:
- Using a PC or Mac, use your Wi-Fi to connect directly to the Play-Fi product as if it were a wireless network. It will be broadcasting under a name like “PlayFi2Device000xxxx” or something similar.
- After connecting, your PC may indicate there is no Internet access anymore, and this is normal.
- Open any web browser and type into the address bar: 192.168.0.1/index.html
- Hit “Enter” or your browser’s “Go” button.
- You should now be on the Play-Fi configuration screen.
- Select “Set Up” and follow the prompts
This page also has additional options for a network-based update as well as special configurations for Play-Fi products that include AirPlay. You can access and make use of these options once the Play-Fi product is configured on the network by typing the IP address it was assigned by the router into the address bar of your web browser.