Supported Audio Formats and File Quality
Play-Fi streams audio directly from source devices to the speakers, and supports a wide variety of streaming formats and audio quality levels.
Supported File Formats
- .mp3 (MPEG Layer III)
- .m4a and .aac (Advanced Audio Coding / Apple Lossless, without Copy Protection)
- .flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- .wav (Waveform Audio File)
- .aiff (Audio Interchange File Format)
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz. (Ultra-high resolution)
- Files up to 16-bit/48 kHz (CD Quality) are streamed with bit-for-bit accuracy, with zero compression or transcoding. With ultra high-resolution files, Play-Fi down-samples the audio to CD quality (16-bit/48kHz) for transmission. This allows for the most reliable streaming experience over Wi-Fi to multiple speakers.
- In Critical Listening mode, audio files in high resolution (24-bit/192 kHz) can be played and rendered accurately to one Play-Fi product with no compression, down-sampling, or network distortion.