DTS Play-Fi has been named an Honoree in the Content and Entertainment category for Play-Fi Immersive Home Theater – the unrivaled 12-channel wireless surround sound technology designed to effortlessly bring to life immersive sound formats such as DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, and IMAX Enhanced. Seamlessly integrating with Smart TVs and accommodating discrete speaker layouts of up to 7.2.4, Play-Fi Immersive Home Theater revolutionizes your audio setup, eliminating the clutter of unsightly wiring, TV dongles, and AV receivers by harnessing the Wi-Fi radio inherent in every smart TV. Immerse yourself in a world of unparalleled audio quality without compromise.
Key features include:
- Customizable home theater configurations from the simple, like a wireless soundbar connection, to the truly immersive with discrete speakers, surrounds, and subwoofers, supporting layouts up to 7.2.4
- Optional use of the TV’s internal speakers as part of the Home Theater system
- Supporting all immersive and surround sound formats including DTS:X, Dolby Atmos and IMAX Enhanced
- Compatible with all TV video sources including wired inputs (e.g. HDMI), on-board streaming apps, and wireless streaming protocols like AirPlay and Chromecast
- Capable of mixing-and-match Play-Fi compatible soundbars, speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers, regardless of brand
- Universal, technology-agnostic streaming solution that works across various TV operating systems and leading TV system-on-chip solutions
- Practical use of the same Wi-Fi radio already built into the smart TV; no additional hardware is required
The CES Innovation Awards program is an annual competition produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), which honors outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products across multiple product categories. Designers, engineers, members of the media, and other influencers reviewed submissions and bestowed awards based on innovation, engineering and functionality, and aesthetic and design.
You can read the official posting on this award by visiting the CES website here.